A wave of attacks across Afghanistan on Sunday killed three NATO service members, and an Afghan government official including three police officers, officials said.
Officials also said that insurgents have killed six Afghan de-miners from a group of 32 which was abducted last week in the southwest of the country. Bodies of five of the missing de-miners were recovered and local officials were able to confirm that at least one more was killed, said Farah province’s deputy police chief, Mohammad Ghaws Malyar. All of the dead had been beheaded, he confirmed. The group of Afghan de-miners was ambushed July 6, while driving to a work site in the province. With the help of local tribal elders, two have been released, Malyar said.
Meanwhile, a roadside bomb attack in southern Helmand province killed a Danish soldier who was on patrol, while two other NATO service members were killed in insurgent attacks in the south and east, according to NATO and the Danish government.