There is no doubt that back pain is one of the most common problems that people face. It is the main cause for wastage of time at work in many countries.
Despite it, there are some important ways by which you can relieve back pain, and these are given below:- here are five things that you may wish to consider.
1. Ice – Ice is good for inflammation as your muscles and tendons may be inflamed. This is especially important if you have injured yourself. Ice is usually best for the first twenty four hours after injury or strains.
Lie on your stomach and have someone place an ice bag on the painful area. It is best to have something between you and the ice. A wash cloth will keep your skin from getting too cold or freezing.
2. Heating Pads – Heat can be one of your best friends, if you want to relieve back pain. Many people find relief with heating pads and you may wish to use the moisturizing kind. These products have a spongy material that you wet down and it provides moist heat. Wet heat is thought to be more therapeutic than dry heat. Some heating pads also have vibrating massage. This can be very good for relieving tense muscles. However, remember not to use heat or massage for too long at one time.
3. Hot Water Bottles – Hot water bottles are an effective source of moist heat. They are inexpensive and they do not use any electricity. This means that they are not any kind of fire hazard. Also, you cannot leave a hot water bottle on and burn yourself, as you can with an electric heating pad. You can fall asleep with a hot water bottle and it will simply cool off in time.
4. Home Made Heat Pads – If you cannot afford an electric heat pad and do not have a hot water bottle, you can make a heat pad. You will need rice or whole dried corn (not popping corn) and a sock or some denim or flannel material. Add the grain to the material and sew it into a pad. Heat the pad in the microwave until hot. It will stay hot for quite a while.
5. Professional Help – If you have severe back pain and other symptoms like fever, you should consult a doctor. This could be a more serious condition and you may need medical attention. Also, a chiropractic doctor is trained to deal with these things and can help to relieve back pain problems.